Saturday, March 2, 2013

Daily Byte: Smallmedia.org

Having worked for almost a year with an Iranian journalist on issues of forced confessions, denial of education, and human rights in Iran, I see the future of the country as a bellwether for 21st century crises and opportunities. 

One organisation that seems to agree with this assessment is Small Media, which aims to "support the free flow of information in closed societies," with a particular focus on Iran. One project in particular caught my eye:


The documentary I was working on last year was about the BIHE, and it is a subject I feel has great relevance for the future of education. I feel the Institute is leading the way toward a new form of knowledge creation and dissemination forged out of repression and injustice. It is schooling students in  independent thought, global service, and moral courage. And it will be a topic explored in various ways throughout this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment